1. “You should never apologize at the table. People will think, ‘Yes, it’s really not so good.'"
2. "Dining with one's friends and beloved family is certainly one of life's primal and most innocent delights, one that is both soul-satisfying and eternal."
3. "The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a 'What the hell?' attitude."
4. “Forget the cheap white wine: go to beef and gin!”
5."In spite of food fads, fitness programs, and health concerns, we must never lose sight of a beautifully conceived meal."
6. "I think the inner person is the most important. . . . I would like to see an invention that keeps the mind alert. That's what is important."
7. “It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. “
8. “When you flip anything, you really... you just have to have the courage of your convictions.”
9. "You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces -- just good food from fresh ingredients."
10. "Life itself is the proper binge."