The Called & Gifted™ Discernment Process has been used since 1993 by over 100,000 lay, ordained, and religious Catholics and other Christians around the world. It is designed to help Christians discern the presence of charisms in their lives. For a basic introduction to charisms, visit our Charisms FAQ.
All three parts of the process are necessary for discovering where you are gifted.
- Step One is the Called and Gifted workshop, which lays the foundation for the beginning of discernment.
- Step Two is the one hour gifts interview, an invaluable part of the process.
- Step Three helps you begin discernment in the real world. It will teach you how to:
- develop charism experiments
- evaluate your results
- identify ways you learned to control life as a child that get in the way of using your charisms as an adult.
Read more about the Called & Gifted process on our
How can I bring the Called & Gifted discernment process to my community?
Specialized versions of the
Called & Gifted
™ introductory workshop are also available for:
- parish and diocesan staff
- Catholic school teachers, DREs and catechists
- diocesan priests and seminarians
- young adults/campus ministry
- Please note: The Catherine of Siena Institute does not authorize the use of the inventory for anyone under the age of 21. Studies done over the past 20 years of over 150,000 individuals having completed the inventory bears out that teen results are most often indicative of natural talents and desires, not actual spiritual gifts. There is also a cautionary note to be made: at this developmental stage, teens should be encouraged to experiment and explore vs hone in on a specific area. Vocational specialists affirm this approach: too narrow a focus too early can actually thwart the discernment of one's personal vocation.
For more information on these, please contact Katherine at email@example.com.